Consider this. Many businesses focus solely on attracting new customers, yet they NEED to spend a good chunk of their time retaining current customers. These are people you already know and they have solid sales potential…they’ve already bought from you!
Take the time to market and sell your NEW products to your CURRENT customers and less time trying to sell old products to new customers. You will see a drastic upswing in your sales, customer quality and branding position.
Here are a couple of key elements you can use to retain your current customers:
- Stay in contact: By phone, email, newsletter, in person…by pigeon if you have too!
- Post-Purchase Assurance: Follow up with customers. Your customers need to feel like they are being supported for their purchase and with the item they purchased. How many times have you purchased a product then felt completely abandoned? Something as simple as a Thank You note with your contact or customer service information can go along way in retaining a great customer.
- Deals & Guarantees: Always offer your current customers the best deals and guarantees you have. Show them you appreciate their business or even come up with a club specifically to reward loyal customers. You can also do this with a preferred pricing option.
- Integrity: Using good business practices and operating with integrity, dignity and honesty go a long way with customers. Let’s face it, there’s a lot of swindling and crap out there and the safer and more confident you make your customers feel, the more they will trust you. This makes for an amazingly supportive and loyal customer.
The key elements listed above coupled with the three cornerstone ideas to a successful business give you a leg up when it comes to retaining what you’ve worked to so hard to acquire, a strong customer base:
- Quality product/service
- Offering useful products/services that solve a problem for or enhance the life of a customer
- Offer subjects your customers find interesting
Use this approach and educate your customers by offering them real information and insight and you will be rewarded with loyalty and success. So, stop wasting all your time on new prospects while your current customers fall by the wayside!
“Your best prospects are your existing customers. If you’ve been putting all your marketing efforts into acquiring new customers, stop and divert some of your resources into reselling, upselling, cross-selling to those same customers. In every way possible – through package inserts, regular mailings, special offers – stay in touch with those customers and get them used to buying from you.” – Jay Abraham
So, there it is! Remember, our Complimentary Discovery Meeting can help you put together the resources and tools to do exactly what we are discussing here today. We can help you educate your customers and you can watch the benefits pay offer many-fold.